Sustainability in commercial property generally focusses on good performance in:
- Efficiency of resource use - energy, water, materials and resources
- Reduction of the impact of the building on the environment - waste, emissions, pollutants
- Encouraging the healthy impact of the building on the occupant’s health and wellbeing
The commercial building sustainability measures and benchmarks used in Australia include:
- Green Star :: NABERS :: WELL :: Gresb
- Property Council of Australia’s ‘A Guide to Office Building Quality’
We provide landlord clients with the following services in commercial building sustainability:
- Assessment of performance against sustainability measures
- Performance against PCA Guide to Office Building Quality
- Project management of teams to improve NABERS Energy and NABERS Water ratings in commercial buildings
We provide tenant clients with the following services in commercial building sustainability:
- Assessment of the performance of potential new premises
- Assistance in achieving Green Star and NABERS ratings
Project management of the team on a 60,000 sqm office building
- From 2 star NABERS to over 4 Star NABERS Energy
- Annual saving of $460,000 in base building energy consumption per year.
Team member for major institutional investor obtaining a Green Star Performance rating for their portfolio Running Energy Efficiency Opportunity Studies
- Where are the potential savings - what will they cost - what will they save?
- 3 large CBD office buildings
- Large suburban archive facility
- For Tenants - Reviewing sustainable performance of potential new homes prior to leasing
- For Owners - How sustainable is our building - How are we seen by tenants?
- Reviews of buildings for compliance with robust sustainability measures including Green Star, PCA Guide and NABERS
In J Goddard & Co’s Own Business
We calculate and report carbon generated for each job we carried out.
Fully offset all emitted carbon
- GBCA membership & GSAP
- NABERS Trained
- Member of PCA Guide committee - 3 times
- Certificate IV in Carbon Management